Thursday, September 16, 2004

Well, the hurricane that was going to wash away New Orleans didn't. Here in Metairie (the suburb of N.O. that I live in), we didn't even get a drop of rain. And all the people that told me I was ten kinds of idiot for staying, well... I hate to say I told you so, but - I told you so.

Not that hurricanes aren't something to fear, something to reckon with, and something to take seriously. I just knew this one wasn't going to affect me.

What was cool was that almost every friend I have called or emailed to check on me, and see how I was. That was pretty cool. It let me know which of my friends really care. Of course, they all thought I was a fool for staying, but that's okay.

Did you know that there's a breed of penguin called Macaroni? Neither did I. But there is. And now we both know.

I'm going to spend today learning college fight songs. I really, really hate college fight songs. But I get paid money to play them, and I'm a... What's the word... Whore. Yeah, that's it. I'm a musical whore.

Well, I'm going to practice for my whoredom now. I may post again later. Then again, I might just keep reading some more David Gemmel books.

Remember - Gravity; it's not just a good idea, it's the law.

Jester

No comments:

Post a Comment