Thursday, September 30, 2004

None of us is perfect. Somewhere, in some way, each of us has flaws, and problems. Some of us have fewer than others, true, but still...

I have decided to come face to face with one of my flaws. They say that the first step towards fighting a problem is admitting you have one. Well, I admit it, though I have denied the truth to myself for years, it's time to face the facts.

I have dandruff.

For years, I blamed the hairspray and the gel for flaking off, and to some extent, this was true, But I haven't worn any gel for a few days, and still, the flaking is there.

I don't blame myself; I blame my father. He had dandruff, too, and not being content to suffer alone, passed it along to me. What vicious cycles we perpetrate, handing these problems down to our children.

Well, I'm making a stand. I'm using anti-dandruff shampoo. I'm not going to just accept flaking, oh no! I'm going to face my flaws with courage, integrity, determination, and an active ingredient of 1% selenium sulfide.

Pray for me, my friends. With strength, I will overcome.

Jester

No comments:

Post a Comment