Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Well, I got my new computer! Finally! I've been saying I needed a new one for about four years now, but never managed to do it. But now I have.

Will this make me blog more often? Of course! No, actually, probably not. It'll just take away one of my excuses.

So, Kansas has decided to redefine science so that it doesn't have to teach evolution as a solid theory. Gotta love that. Did Bill Clinton help with that approach? 'Cause I remember how brilliant his "that depends on what your definition of 'is' is..." line of defense. Amazing. Had us all convinced that he never did anything with "that young woman." And this just after the Dover school board lost 8 of its 9 members in a referendum, because they supported the whole "Intelligent Design" lunacy.

While on the subject of altered perceptions of reality, I recently saw a movie with three drag queens, but they weren't playing drag queens. It was rather bizarre. The movie was called "Girls will be Girls," and it was quite a production. A comedy up until the very end, and then it got really serious. And then funny in the epilogue.

I'm going to see another Cirque du Soleil show on Thursday. I'm excited. Before, I saw "Mystere." Incredible. Now I'm going to see "Ka."

And then Friday I'm flying out to Reno. Should be a fun weekend.

Well, I'll talk to you all later,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment