Thursday, August 12, 2004

Well, I got griped at enough that I figured I should go ahead and update. Now that I think about it, though, I kinda like the griping; it lets me know that people are actually reading this. Why, I don't know. I haven't written anything interesting in about four or five months.

My friend Katie is here, and has been here for a couple of days. We've been having a blast. Last night we went on a Jazz cruise, which was beautiful, and we've just done a lot of relaxing and hanging out and talking. We also went shopping yesterday; I wanted to get her the most scandalous outfits I could talk her into wearing (she's a ballerina, and has the body for it), and she wanted to dress nicely. A good time was had by all. But she wouldn't wear the stripper outfits. Go figure. You'd think she had class, or dignity. In which case, you've got to wonder why she's hanging out with me!

Lynnette probably isn't going to be able to make it out here this month. Which is a total bummer - I was looking forward to it. Haven't seen her in awhile. But there have been a lot of cancellations in people's travel plans for here; Anna isn't going to be able to make it, either.

Yesterday Katie and I walked pretty much the entire French Quarter. It was awesome. I've never been around someone who could walk all day long like I can. Anna says that she can, but I'll believe it when I see it. Which I probably won't anytime soon, but that's another story. I've also discovered that Katie can drink me under the table. Which is a first. I've never had anyone outdrink me before. But oh, can she.

My friend that thought she was pregnant wasn't. A good thing. She's already got a kid she can't really take care of.

I need to post some more of my life philosophies, I think. But right now I'm going through a very cynical period, so I need to let things settle a bit. People always mistake my cynicism for bitterness, and there's a big difference.

Well, Katie's out of the shower, so I'm going to be all social and stuff. Talk atchall later...

No comments:

Post a Comment