Wednesday, January 14, 2004

It's been a beautiful, gorgeous, rainy day here all day.

Some people tell me that they don't like rain, that it makes them feel depressed. I don't understand that, myself. I like few things better than a rainy day with a good book, a blanket, and a mug of hot cocoa. It gives me a happy.

Of course, I'm lactose intolerant, so I usually skip the cocoa, but the rest of it...

I will admit, I do feel lazier on rainy days. I don't like to work, or practice as much. I just want to read.

Speaking of which, I've been reading the "Wild Card" series, edited by George R. R. Martin. If I ever become an author, I want to add a few initials to my name. Or keep my initials, and add a different last name. Yeah, they'd all be talking about J. R. R. Tolkien, George R. R. Martin, and Jess T. M. Mercer. Don't ask me where I got "Mercer" (Okay, I'll tell you - I pulled it right out of my... thin air...), but doesn't that sound like a good author's name?

If I had time for a second career, I would like to be a writer. I do enjoy writing very much, and I think I'd be better at it than my short-lived career as a gigolo. But I have no idea how to break into the industry. I know so many people that want to be writers, but serve coffee instead. I've finally managed to start a career in the music industry, and there's no way I'm giving that up.

But for today, I'm not going to write, and I'll only practice a couple of hours. Mainly I'm going to lie in bed and read, and listen to the rain on my tin roof.

So find a good book, everybody, and join me wherever you are. And if you're a good-looking female, join me wherever I am!

Remember - You can't judge a book by its cover, but you can sure as hell tell if it's a Romance Novel.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment